June 13, 2009

New Recipe


I am always ready to try a new side dish recipe. I get tired of the same old thing over and over. I found this recipe and tried it this week. It was really good. I served this with ham, but it would be good with chicken or fish, too. Give it a try! I substituted rotisserie chicken seasoning for the paprika.

Paprika Potatoes and Green Beans

1/2 pound red skinned potatoes (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
2 cups frozen green beans
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper (I used white)

Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 10 - 12 minutes. Add green beans and cook 5 more minutes longer or until potatoes and beans are tender. Drain. (I also returned the potatoes and green beans to the pot and put them on the warm burner and shook the pan to dry the potatoes a little more).

In a small bowl combine melted butter, garlic salt, pepper and paprika. Pour over potatoes and stir gently to coat.

You can adjust the seasonings to you own taste. I actually doubled the seasonings because I did not want it to be bland. It was great! AND it was not corn, our usually standby with a green salad and meat.

No comments: