
Did you know that June 16th is National Fudge Day? I found that out and since my electric skillet was already out, I made a batch with Gabrielle after dinner. We use a recipe from a dear friend of ours. Gabrielle even calls it "Brother Dalene Fudge". Jared usually makes the fudge in our family, but I think we did all right. He did help us testing to see if it had gotten to the right stage (soft ball). It is a pretty exact science! Here is the recipe. It is a little vague, but I will put it down as it is written.
Peanut Butter Fudge
3 cups sugar
3 heaping Tablespoons of cocoa
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 inch of a cube of butter (or the size of an egg)
1/8 tsp salt
Add the ingredients into an electric skillet. Mix together with temperature at 360°. Bring to a boil. Do not stir while it is coming to a boil. Test a spoonful in cold water. When it has reached the soft ball stage turn off the heat, add 1 Tablespoon of vanilla and 1 cup creamy peanut butter. Stir until stiff. Pour into a buttered 8 x 12 pan. Leave enough in the skillet for the kids and dad to scrap out. Refrigerate until cool.
See what I mean? A funny recipe, but so yummy. AND it is great for sharing with your friends and neighbors. Happy National Fudge Day! If you google "National Food Holidays" you will find a whole list for these types of days throughout the year. It is fun to see what is on or around your birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment