
When Jared is away traveling, I get a movie or two and stay up later than usual and watch movies that he would not enjoy. Then the girls like to rent their movies, of course. And then there is just the general quick dinner and a video date while the girls are babysitting. And we often shop the previously viewed movies and buy those, especially kids ones. And we joined the rewards program thing where we get a free rental just about every other week. So, we are in there to the same store "pretty often". It goes in spurts. Lately we have been on one of those spurts. When we go in the manager is often the only one working there and checks us out. He has also recommended other movies to me, which I have rented even if they were weird! Once we rented Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and he was so excited because that was one of his "employee picks" and it had his name "JEREMY" right on it on a little label. We said we thought it would be funny to show our kids a movie we like when we were in high school. (I think I blogged about this previously). The girls liked it so much we rented it again on another occasion. Ok, now I know that we go to Blockbuster WAY too much. Because today he was there and said, "Aren't you the people who liked Bill and Ted?" Oh yeah, we said. So he asked the girls if they had seen the sequel, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. So when we said, oh no, we hadn't, he reaches back to his "private stash" and said, "Here-- this is my personal copy! You can just borrow it from me." WELL, how many of you have had that happen to you in your local blockbuster? I thought not!
No comments:
Post a Comment