May 03, 2010

Who Wants Cake?



Ok, here it is: the first three tiered fondant covered cake. This is just more practice for the wedding cake. For the real wedding cake, I think there will be another layer, and fresh flowers instead of the bow, but this was just to get an idea. The wider ribbon is probably going to end up being silver, with red fresh flowers. Jared did most of the structural stuff. I baked, made frosting (and more frosting and more frosting), and did the decorating. Someday I will do one totally on my own, but I believe it will have to be when everyone is out of the house. And it will probably take me 79 hours. So, who wants cake? We have a little bit to spare.

This is the cake before piping the dots on the fondant (more simple option)


Here is one after piping. I like how it looks, too. I need to measure and actually get the straight, but I think my dots are better than my last one I tried it on.

No comments: