I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. We spread out the fun and festivities in between Friday night and Saturday errands and the girls babysitting jobs. We had pizza together Friday. Saturday the girls made dirt cups for me-- all by themselves. We watched a movie together (Confessions of a Shopaholic) while I worked on Lisa's wedding invitations. We made some awesome ribs in the oven for dinner. The girls gave me some great gifts-- a favorite movie (The Last Holiday starring Queen Latifah) and some desperately needed commercial grade cookie sheets. Love it! I also got some tulips. Sunday morning Gabrielle made muffins and bacon for me for breakfast. Lisa sent a text to say Happy Mother's Day. I was able to add a rose to the tulips arrangement after church on Sunday (thank you, Bishop!) We had a delicious steak sandwich on Texas Toast (Madison is ready to go to work at Sonic with her Texas Toast grilling skills!) with the yummy potato wedges. We watched Merlin Sunday night to close down the weekend. Now I need to exercise and work off the Mother's Day weekend calories.
I would just like to say that I used to think Mother's Day was a joke, that when my kids were little you still had to do everything you did every other day of the year. But I guess this was the magic year for me! The girls did everything and were so wonderful. I am so so happy to be the mother of these girls! Thank you so much! There should be a holiday called Daughter's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment