Here is this weekend's cake practice. This week I was attempting the 12 inch layer on the bottom. I also wanted to try some different flavors, so I did a butter cake on the bottom and red velvet on the top. The bigger the cake, the harder it is to cover, I am sure. I also did not split the layers on this one because my knife is not big enough. It turned out fine. I think on the wedding cake I will bake all the layers separately, however. I also have these star cut outs and since I had not done too much of that, I used them this time. I also wanted to practice coloring fondant. But I did the easy thing and only colored small amounts! I think it turned out pretty cute. The girls were making all those little bead balls and then doing all different star cut outs with the extra fondant. We had a slice from each layer and then put the bottom layer in the trash (I know, so sad! But I just cannot have that stuff sitting around!) Here's the photos. The lighting is really bad here. I need to take a food styling class!
No comments:
Post a Comment