May 08, 2009

Peanut Butter Snowballs

Here are the yummy peanut butter balls that many of you have requested the recipe for. They are delicious. I affectionately refer to them as "protein balls" to make myself feel better about eating them one after the other. The recipe makes about 5 dozen. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Snowballs

2 cups peanut butter
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups rice crispies cereal
1 package white chocolate chips or vanilla almond bark

In an electric mixer, mix peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and blend well. Add rice crispies and mix until combined. Form into 1-inch balls. Put on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and freeze until firm or overnight. Melt white chips or almond bark according to package directions. I add a Tablespoon of shortening to thin for dipping. Dip the balls in to coat completely, (I use a fork to dip and lift them out of the coating--shake off extra coating) and put back on wax paper to harden in the fridge or freezer. You can store them in the freezer until your ready to use them. Caution: addictive!

No comments: