Last Friday we drove to Tulsa to spend Memorial Day Weekend. We had a lot going on! Friday evening we had a graduation party for Mitchel. Lots of friends and family came to wish him well. Lisa did a great job organizing this for us! Then it was on to the Checotah High School Football Stadium to watch Mitchel and Brycen graduate. This was the 100th graduating class from Checotah. There were nine Valedictorians and they each had to give a little speech. My favorite was the girl who's speech was entitled, "Everything I Know I Learned from Zelda." Ha! I love graduations! The next day we spent going to the zoo with Jared's mom and Mitchel. The girls and I had not been there in a while and we had a great time. Lunch at Coney Islander's (a Tulsa tradition since 1926) was a must. The next stop was Best Buy to got Mitchel all set for college with a new laptop, printer, bag, etc. We caught an afternoon showing of "Night At The Museum 2" The girls liked it a lot-- pretty cute. I liked the first one better. We ate dinner at Fish Daddy's and then went to Boyd and Rhonda's house for dessert for Boyd's birthday. I have already eaten way too much this weekend, so I have stopped counting at this point. It was fun for the girls to see their cousins, especially that cutie Zoe. We rested a little Sunday morning then went to church with all our old friends (all the kids are so big!) It was great to see everyone. We miss all our Mingo Valley friends so much! After church we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner. Karl, Tiffany and Kennedy came too so the girls got some more cousin time! Karl made a delicious dutch oven peach cobbler. Again, I am not counting until Tuesday because Monday morning we had Krispy Kreme donuts that were so conveniently close to the hotel. After a little shopping we started for home, stopping in Springfield at the Bass Pro (along with a kajillion other people). We drove through some pretty heavy rain at the Lake area, but made it home ok. It was a great weekend, and thanks to Jared driving, I got two books read! Now I am just trying to catch up on my work. I picked up the doggies from the kennel Tuesday morning and boy were they glad to see me! Now the girls just have a few more days of school (June 2nd is the last day) and then the summer can officially begin.
Graduation Pictures




Other Activities



No comments:
Post a Comment