May 27, 2009

National Spelling Bee


Ok, you may not know this about me, but I LOVE the Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee. Yes, I said Spelling Bee. LOVE IT! I love the bizarre words they have to spell (like where have I been that I have not heard the word civitas or onychorrhexis?) I love all the questions they ask to get hints at the spelling like, "May I have the language of origin, please?" I love the Spell Master (yes, that's a real title!) Jacques Bailey and all the pronunciations he has to do. I love the look of relief when the kids find out they spelled a word right that they weren't sure about. And I love that they put this on TV! The preliminary round was today. Tomorrow from 9am-12pm you can watch the first rounds on ESPN. Then the finals are at 7pm on ABC. It is so exciting! I know, I'm weird. But I watch this every year and would not miss it.

No comments: