September 27, 2010

Gabrielle's Birthday

 So, you saw the cake. I probably should note what went on for the rest of Gabrielle's birthday. Unfortunately, Gabrielle had to go to school on her birthday! On the bright side, a friend bought her a cookie at lunch! How sweet! Her new young women's leader dropped by with a cute gift to welcome her into the 14 and 15 year-olds class at church, the Miamaids. We had her dinner of choice (penne alfredo, salad, and french bread) then opened a few gifts. Madison gave her the cutest little owl earrings, pop tarts and gum (the gum was left for her as a morning gift!).
I gave her this jean jacket I had been hiding in my closet since the 4th of July.
 I was afraid she was going to out grow it before her birthday.
Then we had cake to top off the night.


We had to make it an early night that night, but on Friday we got to go see the new owl movie The Legend of the Guardians--the Owls of Ga'houle.






Gabrielle has read most of this book series and was excited to see the movie in 3D! It was pretty cool! We liked it a lot.
Overall, I think she had a pretty nice birthday. 14 years already!

No comments: