
This month I had two opportunities to go to MU. The first was with my 7th grade Award Band preforming in front of every 5th grader that goes to Columbia Public Schools, at the Band Extravaganza. There were several other bands and orchestras there, and all of them sounded really cool! In my band, each instrument played a short little recognizable tune to get the 5th graders exited about each instrument. For example, the trumpets played the theme from Superman, the french horns played the theme from Iron Man, and us flutes played the theme from Harry Potter. The kids went crazy after each piece, and I had a great time! We played a couple songs as a full band as well, and I enjoyed every minute of the day! We ended around 11:00... lunch time! My conductors were nice enough to order some pizza for us, which they didn't have to do, and I really appreciated that! It was a real honor to be able to do play at the extravaganza.
The second opportunity was at the MU Writing Conference for Middle Schoolers. There were various writing classes there, where they taught you new and different styles of writing. I had a lot of my friends with me, so it was even better! The classes were pretty far apart, some even on separate stories, so my favorite part was racing around from class to class, zooming around campus! At first I thought I would be following my friends that already knew their way around MU, but after a little bit, I found myself leading the way at full speed! There were also vending machines, and I brought a little money with me, so I truly felt like a college student holding my books, and slipping a bill into a vending machine for a drink! I had lots of fun, laughing and writing with my friends, and I was impressed with all of the organization that went into preparing this conference.
Overall, I loved going to MU, and now I can't WAIT to be a college student! Although I'm sure it will be much more work then what I went through!
No comments:
Post a Comment