


Since we just finished reading the Book of Mormon as a family, I made this for a little family home evening treat. This was the first time I had made the marshmallow fondant and covered a cake all by myself. I wanted it to look like an open book of scriptures. I started to carve the cake, and I probably should have carved more, but I was scared to cut too much off! I think if you really had to close this book it would be super fat! Talk about "large print" edition. Also, I did not feel my best as I have a sinus infection right now (also went to the dr. today), so my head was killing me as I was piping on the words! Anyway, it was fun and I have so much respect for people that do this professionally. I have a few wrinkles in my fondant, but that's kind of how the pages of your scriptures get when you read them a lot, right? It tasted good and we are so happy we read through the Book of Mormon again! By small and simple things are great things come to pass!
No comments:
Post a Comment