I was just wondering? Since when is it ok to speak loudly in the library? Even in your regular "inside" voice? I over hear way too much information at the public library, simply because people no longer respect the library enough to lower their voices. Or even turn off the cell phone! As I was walking in, some lady in line to check out was answering her iphone (show-off) and said, "Oh hi, yeah, I'm just at the library, pause--Oh no! I can talk!" The nerve. What I do love to hear at the library is children enjoying the library or displaying things recently absorbed in their little sponge brains. Like the little boy who was singing his ABCs at the top of his lungs in the bathroom and the little girl who emerged from out of the elevator exclaiming, "We DID it!" My favorite thing I heard at my most recent trip to the library though was this : Picture if you will two young sporty clad sorority girls browsing in the cookbook section. One finds the book they are looking for and says, "Great, here it is -- Cooking for Two Then they other chick says, "Oh, but what if we have people over??? See if the have 'Cooking for Four!'
Oh man, no wonder so many people have earbuds in their ears at the library!
No comments:
Post a Comment