August 09, 2009

Cake Kindergarten

I was so lucky to have my very own private lesson on making fondant, covering and decorating cake. At the last enrichment meeting at church, we all drew out a name of a person, then we were to do a service for that person. The person that got my name just happened to be the best cake decorator in our ward, so when she asked, I knew what I wanted her to do for me: teach me how to cover a cake with fondant. She is the best teacher. She was very patient, even when I had to roll out the fondant three times! She did a lot of prep work, too. Her husband was also nice enough to stay with their kids so she could come over and teach me in my own home. It was so much fun to learn. Now I may just be brave enough to do it all by myself. I better get her number on speed dial! Here are the results of our lesson:



No comments: