
Last night Gabrielle gave the family home evening lesson. For a personal progress value experience, she needed to give a lesson on a gospel principle that required faith. She found a lesson based on a general conference talk on provident living. She worked very hard on it and did such a good job presenting it to our family. She even did an auction for us to practice spending our money wisely. We actually had to bid on things from around the house. Luckily it was done with Monopoly money because I had to keep out bidding Madison so I could win back my only pair of dress shoes. Earlier in the day we had made the cookie dough for the treats. We put the cookies in the oven after dinner so they would be warm for the treat time after the lesson. After we had each had a cookie (and Gabrielle two cookies) we spontaneously decided to share some cookies with the neighbors, since part of the lesson was on how when we are blessed we need share those blessings with others. This really illustrated the point. I know the girls felt good as they delivered all the cookies we had left to our neighbors on each side. And not one time today did either of them say, "I really wish I had one of those cookies!" (like I expected). The scripture from the lesson is one of my favorites. It is Matthew 6:33 which states, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Thanks Gabrielle for a great lesson!
No comments:
Post a Comment