February 29, 2012

A Lovely February


Happy Leap Day! Here's a look back on February around our house- I really do love February. It started with the Super Bowl. We had a dinner group over the Saturday night before the Super Bowl and called it "Souper Bowl Saturday Night" It was a lot of fun. We made 5 different kinds of soup and everyone brought a bread or soup go-along. We had a Super Bowl trivia quiz and finished with cake. We had a great time watching the Super Bowl on Sunday and all the commercials, too. Here's the cake:
Of course we had a sweet Valentine's Day…The girls made cut out sugar cookies a couple of days before, some with some very funny sayings on them! Jared came and picked me up for lunch and brought me roses. I gave him the Adelle CD. We had fondue with the girls that night. Love was in the air all day!




Let's see, what else? The girls have been busy practicing - their flute studio had a "practice-a-thon." Gabrielle participated in her last year at Central Methodist University's music competition in Fayette, Missouri. She did a solo this year and received a "1" rating from her judge. Madison completed all her personal progress goal and projects and received her Young Women Recognition award and medallion. Way to go! We are so proud of these girls! They had a couple of days off from school in February, too, which is always nice!

Last Sunday the girls and I held our annual Oscar viewing party. We filled out our ballots then hoped for the best. I had actually seen a few of these movies this year, so that helped! I loved Hugo, and The Iron Lady. Every time you got the category right, you got to pick a prize from the basket- It was great! We also did Oscar Bingo with fun categories like "Tom Cruise presents an award" "Someone puts on glasses to read" and "Orchestra cuts off acceptance speech" BINGO!

 This is my ballot with 15 correct categories. I think I got a little lucky!

So February has come and gone. The wind was blowing like crazy today, so here comes March. Warning- there's lots and lots of cake coming soon!

No comments: