I do this every year- it comes time for Daylight Saving Time to end and I say, "what happened to October??" It really did fly by for us this year. From football to family visits and everything in between, here's a re-cap of October!
Our first NFL football game- St Louis Rams v Washington Redskins: We went with some friends of our the first weekend in October. Even though the Rams lost, it was fun watching Sam Bradford! It was breast cancer awareness day at the game so they had pink everywhere!
We planted beautiful Fall flowers and I got a little crafty with these beribboned pumpkins!
|
|  |
| i love orange! |
|
|
|
Highlight of October was a visit from Brycen and Lisa and Adycen! At 7 months, Adycen was crawling everywhere! Especially pulling herself up on the hearth!
 |
| Eating lunch and getting very messy! |
 |
| Teeth would be nice! |
 |
| Yum Yum Strawberry! Modeling her Halloween costume. |
 |
| Grandpa's lawn is so nice! |
 |
| Leaves are crunchy! |
 |
| Bath time! |
 |
| Toasting by the fire- Fall is so fun! |
Of course we had lots of high school football and Madison had marching competitions and festivals to attend (she's been everywhere, man!) The Kewpies ended their season with a miraculous win at home against the #1 Jefferson Jays. That took them to the play-offs! Here is a shot from that game, which was Senior Night.
 |
| That's Madison next to one of the drum majors (the one saluting) |
|
|
The girls and I got into the Halloween spirit and "dressed up' as the three little kittens for the Trunk or Treat at church the Wednesday night before Halloween. Meow!
 |
| Um, yes, I'd like to report some missing mittens! |
And yes, another birthday- this is the pumpkin cake I made for my birthday. It is 2 bundt cakes- one red velvet and one pumpkin chocolate chip, all coated in cream cheese frosting. The stem is fondant. It was fun to make. My sweet friends know what I like because I was also showered with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin cupcakes. Fall birthdays are the best! And my cute secretary brought me Diet Coke with a very special mug (that says "Queen of Everything!") My mom gave me Martha Stewart's Body and Soul magazine, the girls gave me a Coca-cola scrabble tile necklace and Jared took me shopping at the lake for the day. I may be old, but I am loved!
The last Saturday of October we had a youth temple trip in St. Louis- such a nice way to spend the day together!
The last night of the month was Halloween and we had tickets to the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast at Jesse Auditorium at MU. Beautiful music and a wonderful performance. So much fun! The girls really enjoyed it and it was fun seeing all the kiddos that came dressed in costume. All in all, a very busy and very fun filled Fall so far. I will try not to do these month at a time posts- it takes forever! There went my extra hour I got back! Oh well- Let's try not to forget that Thanksgiving comes before Christmas! At our house we are trying to "respect the bird" Watch this video
http://respectthebird.com/p/about-respect-bird.html
Happy Fall Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment