August 20, 2011

Ipad2 Brownie & Cake

While the Adycen, Brycen and Lisa were here we celebrated Jared's birthday. I was making the wedding cake on his real birhday, so we decided to wait. This was a fun cake to do! Jared loves his ipad2, so we tried to recreate in in cake. For the base we did a 12 inch round yellow cake covered in brown marbled fondant. I wanted it to look like granite or wood.

Then there was the matter of the ipad cover- Jared's is a pale blue. So I took the cover and made and impression of it on some blue fondant and trimmed around it to make the cover. In this photo you can see the real one in the back ground and the fondant one on top of the cake (it has a hole in it! but it was going to get covered up anyway!)
 The ipad itself was made out of a very thin brownie, iced and covered in white fondant. Blue swirled fondant was layed down for the screen and then I called Jared and the kids in to make the apps. I loved how they all turned out. Most were hand painted - There's even Angry Birds!



Happy 41 Jared! Looking better than ever!

No comments: